Individuals who have suffered losses need to register with FEMA to be eligible for any federal grants or loans. Larimer County expects individuals to be eligible for some level of grants due to the flooding of 2013 being declared a disaster eligible for Individual Assistance. Register within 60 days by telephone, online, or in person.
In Person: Larimer County Disaster Assistance Center (DAC) located at 815 14th Street SW, Building B, Loveland, CO, 80537. Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., daily.
“When disasters take place, the Individuals and Households Program (IHP) provides money and services to people in the disaster area when losses are not covered by insurance and property has been damaged or destroyed”
Types of Eligible Losses
IHP only covers repairs or replacement of items that are damaged as a direct result of the disaster that are not covered by insurance. Repairs or rebuilding may not improve your home above its pre‐disaster condition unless such improvements are required by current building codes.
Housing Needs: Money to repair your home is limited to making your home safe and sanitary so you can live there. IHP will not pay to return your home to its condition before the disaster. You may use your money provided for housing needs to repair:
- Structural parts of your home (foundation, outside walls, and roof).
- Windows, doors, floors, walls, ceilings, and cabinetry.
- Septic or sewage system.
- Well or other water system.
- Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system.
- Utilities (electrical, plumbing, and gas systems).
- Entrance and exit ways from your home, including privately owned access roads.